24 May 2012

First Interview Footwear- Traditional or Modern and Unorthodox


I have a job interview for the position of Business Analyst at a successful company in less than a week. Its a big opportunity for me and I am very excited. But, I am undecided on "what to wear", my present work wardrobe consist primarily of dresses. I love dresses, and I recently bought this new pair of heels from www.justfab.com and I am dying to wear it, so I want to base my outfit around them (shown below).

Coral and Nude Coloured Open Toe Heels from justfab.com

However, my husband thinks that  it is not appropriate for a first interview and I should wear a colour that is more traditional like black or brown. I love my husband but he is killing my swag lol! My husband works for his parents who own a chain of urban clothing stores. Their stores are know to carry the latest trends and sell urban brands such as  Arami, Prada, Gucci, Baby Phat, Nike etc (mainly in men footwear and clothing). They also carry the latest trends in female clothing and footwear (I got the coral and brown colour block wedge that I am wearing in my last post from one of their stores).  Due to his line of work, my husband thinks that he is Michael Kors. He is constantly trying to pursue me to wear clothing that don't truly reflect my sense of style. That's the main reason why I started this blog, I want to showcase my style and get feedback from my fellow fashionistas.

Now back to the matter at hand, what do you think about my choice of coral and nude open toe heels for a first interview? Should I go traditional with a pair of black or brown pumps or modern and unorthodox with my justfab.com heels? BTW, the shoe is so comfortable! I love them.

I am looking forward to your feedback!



12 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw your post on IFB and had a look on your blog. I think the shoes are lovely! I work as a PR Manager, and I think that you should always make a memorable impression especially on the first interview. I would love to see those heels with a smart black dress and a nice ring in the same pink color as the shoes, hair pulled back in a nice bun for the "I mean business" look :)
    Let me know what you wore, I'd love to see what you'd put those shoes with! Good luck on the job!

    Lana, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Lana, and the idea! I really want to make a good impression. I loveeeee your suggestion, a black dress would look great with this shoe.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nandy,

    I would love to see this shoe with a Navy dress or pants suit. The reason I chose navy b/c it will make this shoe pop. I know that color may sound cliche' to you and Lana suggestions are awesome as well. Here's my thought. If you wear a Navy dress top it off with a nice pale pink or brown skinny belt around the waist with a nice watch & studs, with your hair pulled up or to the back. Now, if you wear Navy pant suit. Top it off with a nude or beige top w/a long gold necklace, gold watch & studs. Never wear a brown suit to an interview (Sorry Hubby lol), unless your interviewing for Vogue. I'm in the Tech field and those traditional cats don't understand the versatility. Although we want them too. Stay traditional w/a touch of fierce. I hope this helps & post pics of your decision. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your suggestion,navy blue pants with a nude or beige top sounds so on point to me. So excited to go shopping again today with this new suggestion in mind.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Great photos - like your blog and follow you now. Hope you follow us back too :)

    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I remember you from fashionbombdaily. I loved your outfits and your blog is very interesting.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:25 pm

    Love the shoes, its right for summer, and thankful aren't your typical boring black pumps!


    True Queen

    ReplyDelete