22 May 2012

Shorts- "when and where to wear them"






My husband and I recently went out to watch a movie (Avengers) and have dinner. However, we had a huge argument over my outfit (shown above) as he insisted that I should not wear shorts to go to dinner (it was a semi formal Italian restaurant with no formal dress code). He believes that shorts are only appropriate for the beach and going to the supermarket. I totally disagree, I believe that when styled appropriately shorts can be used for most occasions. Don't get me wrong, I would not be caught death wearing shorts to a wedding or graduation ceremony. However, I do believe that shorts (of an appropriate length) can be worn to most semi formal events such as dinner and a movie. 


Ladies, what do you think? 

16 comments:

  1. I agree with you! It honestly is all about the styling and the pieces and shoes that you put together. You look great!

    www.aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naty. I admire your style and appreciate your feedback!

      Delete
  2. I'm right with you girl! As long as you style them accordingly shorts can be dressed up!
    www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute peplum top! xo

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh! I actually tired to find an affordable version of a peplum top from Marc by Marc Jacob that was featured in the April 2012 issue of Allure. This is a link to a similar one from Marc by Marc Jacob on shopbop.com

      http://www.shopbop.com/eames-blouse-marc-by-jacobs/vp/v=1/845524441934737.htm?folderID=2534374302060631&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize&colorId=40502

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:03 am

    I think it depends on styling, but I do agree that they can be dressed up and be appropriate anywhere. I'm trying to make a nice tailored short in white as I type (taking a break to blog read lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Shawntasews! I checked out for blog..you can really sew! I am jealous..lol

      Delete
  5. Like the outfit and the shoes are great.

    p.s.: Great Blog

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amina, I checked out your blog it's very interesting!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:51 pm

    I totally agree with you. It really depends on how you dress up the shorts, and most importantly picking shorts that flatter your body. Loved your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I like your blog.

      Delete
  8. Love those shoes! found you through fashionbombdaily.com...great blog

    happy blogging!

    poutlipscurvyhips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!I am a huge fan of fashionbombdaily. I checked out your blog, I love it! Keep up the great work.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Carrie! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete