17 Jul 2012

New York Trip 2012

It’s been a while since my last blog post; nonetheless I am happy to say that I am coming to New York! This is my first trip to New York and I am super excited, I can’t wait to do some shopping. My husband and I will be in New York for one week (business for him, extreme pleasure for me!); I plan to engage in some major retail therapy.


For my trip to New York I need some help from everyone. I am basically a novice when it comes to New York, my major questions/concerns are:

  • What should I wear while in New York, we will be staying in Brooklyn (somewhere named Canarsie?). We will be doing a lot of walking as I intend to go everywhere looking for bargains.

  • Where in New York can I go shopping, I need an entire new wardrobe- casual wear, work wear, accessories, handbags, heels literally everything! So my question is- apart from the usual stores like Forever21, Zara, Asos, DSW, Marshall etc, can anyone recommend some stores where I can get some affordable clothes, shoes, accessories, handbags and cosmetics?

  • I am every interested in experimenting with thrifting (my husband said that if I wear anything from a thrift store he would divorce me lol). Does anyone know of any thrift stores in or around Brooklyn that I can find on my own as my husband would never entire a thrift store?

  • I want to invest in a good camera for my blog. Any suggestions/recommendation on a particular brand or what features I should be looking for (my budget USD 500 and under)?

I can’t wait for my trip, we are leaving on Saturday, we will only be in New York for a week so I intend to maximise my time. With everyone’s help I am sure that I can do it!

Thanks in advance peeps!

4 comments:

  1. You're going to have such a great time! Even though you don't want to go the regular stores like Zara and Forever21... the Zara on 5th ave was just redone and it's HUGEEE and the Forever21 in times square is 4 floors.. it's insane.. I would just say to hit up 5th ave because there's a great mix of higher end stores and inexpensive ones!


    aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to have loads of fun...I really love Zara amnd Forever 21 and those other popular stores but I am really interested in finding some new "less known" stores so I will definitely be hitting 5th Ave.

      Thanks for the insight..PS I love your blog!

      Delete
  2. I recently got into thrifting more myself. The joy of finding something you love is the best part. Odds are no one else will have it. Just make sure to wash or dry clean whatever clothing you buy ;)

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Unfortunately I was unable to go thrifting as my husband refused to carry me lol. Hopefully I would be able to go next time, btw I love your blog.

      Delete